Go Back   LOTRG Forums > The Guild > The Argonath

Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #61
Mordor
Necromancer, Master of Mordor and your nightmares

Re: H E L L O ......?? Rollcall....??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiseent
The Ent has been Sleeeeeping but soon it will be time to wake up for little hobbits!
NICE THEN WAKE UP!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abandonada
My last visit: 3/27/2012. Oh well, I'm here today! I'm happy that this board is still here.
ME too, now let set this place on fire again!!!
Dwelling within the mountains, Sanda, the offspring of Frankenstein, lived. Finding peace and solitude in his mountainous lair, the giant grew to Gargantuan proportions and with love for humankind...And so the legend BEGINS...GRRRRRRRRRRR
Mordor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #62
FrodoEyes
Ring-Bearer

Yay the forum still exists! I was hoping with The Hobbit it would be busy again, but i guess WetaCollectors is basically what this forum was back in the SSW days, and has taken over really.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #63
Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoEyes
Yay the forum still exists! I was hoping with The Hobbit it would be busy again, but i guess WetaCollectors is basically what this forum was back in the SSW days, and has taken over really.
True and sad though as they will NEVER have what we had a few years back, a TRUE FELLOWSHIP!!!!
Dwelling within the mountains, Sanda, the offspring of Frankenstein, lived. Finding peace and solitude in his mountainous lair, the giant grew to Gargantuan proportions and with love for humankind...And so the legend BEGINS...GRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #64
FrodoEyes
Ring-Bearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordor
True and sad though as they will NEVER have what we had a few years back, a TRUE FELLOWSHIP!!!!

I dunno i think they do. People are always helping each other out. There's a member in NZ who buys stuff from Weta that's NZ shipping only and she sends it on to board members around the world. Someone got me the Thorin exclusive statue from SDCC and i only had to pay what they did to get it, and sent it over to the UK for me. They're just a couple of examples, but i know what you mean, these were good days!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #65
Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoEyes
I dunno i think they do. People are always helping each other out. There's a member in NZ who buys stuff from Weta that's NZ shipping only and she sends it on to board members around the world. Someone got me the Thorin exclusive statue from SDCC and i only had to pay what they did to get it, and sent it over to the UK for me. They're just a couple of examples, but i know what you mean, these were good days!

True but by fellowship I meant not in a collectable sense and or material way but in a true friendship of people whom, for the most of us, will never meet in person but do indeed develop a friendship in the true meaning of "fellowship"! There are some wonderful honest people in here, AK, Fritz, Dune, Choop, Agent23, Gothmog, Marybluefairy, you, hell even Josh, among way too many to remember! I used to LOVE to log on my computer nightly and see what was going on at the time, LOTR brought us together but it was a true friendship that kept this place going and what I miss the most! Yea, those were the days!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #66
Radagaster
Trolling the Woods

Those people still exist in one form or another, but their posts have indeed waned. I thought the advent of The Hobbit movies would bring out people again.
For Sale/Trade: Crazy 88 Tarantino
SS/W: Elessar, Elessar Crown
Radagaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #67
Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radagaster
Those people still exist in one form or another, but their posts have indeed waned. I thought the advent of The Hobbit movies would bring out people again.
I hear ya but it is not the same!

Too bad the Hobbit did nothing to drum up business in here!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 AM   #68
christian
Ring-Bearer

Yes, we DID have a fellowship. How long ago was it? More than ten years, I guess. I used to come here every day, we used to discuss everything, including war and politics ;-)
I wonder what happened to Clay, has anyone heard from him?

I also wonder what our fellow collectors did of their collection. Who kept it, who displays it, who sold it because finances obliged them to part with the collection, or because they moved on to other interests?

I have kept buying a few statues but am not a completist, many statues in the new line seemad rehashes of old ones ( though Arwen was appreciated, as well as a limited edition of Frodo surrounded on Weathertop Mountain)

I have not bought the Hobbit statues, though some are quite nice. Don't know whether I will. And I have not scoured ebay for years, to see whether I could find me some of the rare ones I've missed.

We did have a fellowship, and we should be glad of that, even of the memory of some of the clashes at the time ;-)

Who has kept his collection. I'm still waiting to display mine in its full glory when I move out of Paris to a bigger house in the country.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #69
Abandonada
Eldar

I still have my collection, though it was never very large. Many action figures, several polystones. I still treasure them all.
Abandonada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #70
marybluefairy
Fairy Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian
Yes, we DID have a fellowship. How long ago was it? More than ten years, I guess. I used to come here every day, we used to discuss everything, including war and politics ;-)
I wonder what happened to Clay, has anyone heard from him?

I also wonder what our fellow collectors did of their collection. Who kept it, who displays it, who sold it because finances obliged them to part with the collection, or because they moved on to other interests?

I have kept buying a few statues but am not a completist, many statues in the new line seemad rehashes of old ones ( though Arwen was appreciated, as well as a limited edition of Frodo surrounded on Weathertop Mountain)

I have not bought the Hobbit statues, though some are quite nice. Don't know whether I will. And I have not scoured ebay for years, to see whether I could find me some of the rare ones I've missed.

We did have a fellowship, and we should be glad of that, even of the memory of some of the clashes at the time ;-)

Who has kept his collection. I'm still waiting to display mine in its full glory when I move out of Paris to a bigger house in the country.

I haven't heard from Clay in quite some time. I still remember flying half way across the continent to road trip with a lady I had never met, to a concert performed by a man I had never met, with a bunch of crazy Canadians I had never met! Those were some of the best times of my 20s, which are now long past.

As for collecting, I have generally stopped being active in that hobby, I haven't got the finances for it, frankly! Every once in a while I do get tempted, but I still prefer to think that I will track down original SSW pieces that have eluded me, and that keeps me from buying new items. I was just at SDCC a few weeks ago and I barely went into the Weta or Sideshow areas. Weta has actually gotten quite successful and busy during these shows and while I am totally happy for them, I do miss the old days when I knew everyone working the booth and could get in and have a conversation with the artists and even buy them lunch. Sideshow seemed to have been taken over by Hot Toys, I couldn't even tell that it was Sideshow aside from the fact that I remember the style of their displays and banners. I've kept mine, although that may be in part because I couldn't possibly dig through all my clutter to box up and sell anything. Okay, I probably wouldn't sell any polystone, but I would consider clearing out any Toybiz I still have laying around.

My Collection
The Blue Forest Blog

"A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity." -Buddha
marybluefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #71
AngmarKing
Tar Alcoholmie

Wow!!!

Nice to see some old names still around.